Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Best Pineapple Upside Down Cake Ever!

My Dearheart loves pineapple upside down cake and has requested it for the past 4 years on his birthday. I finally found a recipe found here on the Joy of Baking.com that was the best ever and so delicious. I made the topping as shown after watching the video clip on the web site, but changed the cake batter recipe a little:

I used all whole wheat flour instead of white flour.
I used 3/4 cup sugar instead of 1 cup and it was plenty sweet!
I added 1/2 tsp. almond flavoring

Dearheart especially requested coconut and nuts (his favorite are pecans) to be included on the topping, so after pouring the caramelized mixture into the pan and placing the pineapple pieces covering the pan, I sprinkled coconut and pecans and sliced almonds, generously covering the pineapple - then poured the batter on top of that and baked at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. 

It was delicious - a keeper! Next time I will use fresh pineapple.


No comments:

Post a Comment