Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Yummy Homemade Granola

I found this recipe on Alicia Phelp's facebook, tried it, and everybody loved it!
(I had grandchildren in town)
My Dearheart especially enjoys it so much I will probably never buy granola again.
2 1/2 c. Sugar
1 1/2 c. Water
1 1/2 t Salt
6 T Oil
10 c. Rolled oats

Combine the sugar, water, oil, and salt (I added a little cinnamon and allspice) in a sauce pan over medium low heat until sugar is disolved but don't boil. Pour syrup over oats in a large bowl and stir until they are well coated. Add more oats if is is too moist or feel free to mix in some of your favorite ingredients ( I added chopped almonds, coconut and dried cherries and a few raisens - I put chocolate chips in half of the granola). Place the mixture about 1/2" deep in pans or sheets then Bake at 400 for 20-30 minutes, stiring frequently. Makes 11 cups of delicious granola! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment